MGCF users are welcome to work in the MGCF in 175 Tan Hall. This is a comfortable workspace with hi-res, large screen workstations, comfortable chairs and a candy jar.
The door to 175 Tan Hall is unlocked 8am-5pm on University Business days. Formerly we propped it open but instead it is closed and unlocked now due to fire codes.
MGCF users can request 24/7 card access. If you are already in the CoC Building Management database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit CoC Building Management in 119 Gilman Hall to get added to the door for 175 Tan Hall. If you are not already in the CoC Building Management database, then email us. Please check your card works well in advance of when you might need after hours access.
Please email us if you want an on-site walk through with Kathy or Singam.
We prefer that you make support and appointment requests via email.
Dave, Kathy and Singam will do some support meetings remotely and some in person but we strongly prefer that
you email us to schedule an appointment, rather than drop in.
We encourage you to work during business hours. If you are working late, please consider the BearWalk service which can give you a safe escort back to your vehicle, the Night Safety shuttle and other services.
In 175 Tan Hall:
- Wash your hands with soap and water before coming into 175 Tan Hall.
- Comply with campus mask guidelines.
- If you are sick - STAY HOME. If you are sneezing, sniffling, coughing, etc due to allergies, you should be wearing a mask even after campus guidelines relax this requirement.
- No eating or drinking in 175 Tan Hall.
- This is an office space. Do not bring in lab equipment or chemicals. We are not equipped for chemical lab safety.
- Keep the area clean. If you make a mess, clean up after yourself. Take out your trash, recycling, etc.
- Follow current local and campus restrictions, and safety measures.
- Follow of the College of Chemistry’s Health and Safety guidelines.
- 11 workstations are available for local use. The MGCF workstations are in blue in the diagram but check for local signage once you are in the room. Sometimes a workstation is offline or reserved for other use.
- Keyboards/mice will be cleaned frequently although you can do this yourself (see next point).
- We advise you to use the provided sanitizer and/or disinfecting wipes to unplug the keyboard, mouse wipe it down, then plug back in. Also wipe the nearby desktop area before/after use.
- Turn out the lights if you are the last to leave.
- Make sure the door to 175 Tan Hall closes firmly behind you.